- Analog for Macintosh Version History
- December 20, 2004
- Analog 6.0: Updated to the latest Unix version.
Analog version 6 is finally officially available!
Added Palm OS and Symbian OS to the Operating System Report.
ISO 8601 extended date format available in language files.
Another style sheet from James Reeves added to the examples directory.
- November 16, 2004
- Analog 5.92b1: Updated to the latest Unix version.
Analog is now distributed under the GNU General Public License.
Fix invalid XHTML output in non-European languages.
The DNSTIMEOUT command is now off by default, because it breaks DNS lookups on many platforms.
Recognises Firebird and Firefox as browsers.
msnbot recognised as a robot in the default configuration.
Corrections to Finnish and Japanese language files.
- August 23, 2003
- Analog 5.91b1: Updated to the latest Unix version. Automatically strips ;params
section from URLs (for example, jsessionid's).
Recognises Windows Server 2003 in the Operating System Report.
First user-contributed style sheets added to examples/css directory.
Computer-readable output style now forces English output.
More corrections to XML output style.
Basque language files.
Country code .cs, formerly Czechoslovakia, is now Serbia and Montenegro. (Changed
in English, French and German domains files, and removed from other domains files).
Corrections to Swedish and Ukrainian language files, and to German domains files.
- April 11, 2003
- Analog 5.90b2: Updated to the latest Unix version. Internal Search reports
now work properly on case-insensitive file systems. Various bug fixes and
improvements to XHTML and XML output styles. New command CSSPREFIX to add a
prefix to the CSS class names used in the XHTML output. Language files for
- March 31, 2003
- Analog 5.90b1: Updated to the latest Unix version. This is an early beta
release of Analog 6. The output code was completely rewritten, to permit more output
formats. New output formats XHTML and XML. (Thanks to Per Jessen for XML, and
to Jeremy Wadsack for help with XHTML). XHTML is now the default output style.
The barcharts are now made from png's not gif's by default. New command LOGOURL.
- March 23, 2003
- Analog 5.32: Updated to the latest Unix version. Recognises Safari and
Camino browsers. New LOGFORMAT specification %D (processing time in
microseconds). Understands %A and %D in APACHELOGFORMAT. Updated included
unregistered Analog Helper X to version 1.5.5.
- January 12, 2003
- Analog 5.31: Updated to the latest Unix version. Fixes a problem that
caused Analog to read the first 16K of some log files twice. Fixes a problem
that caused Analog to fail when reading some compressed log files. Recognises
Phoenix and Chimera browsers. Various other small bug fixes.
- December 1, 2002
- Analog 5.30a: Drag and drop didn't work with log files in 5.30, fixed.
- November 30, 2002
- Analog 5.30: Updated to the latest Unix version. Host inclusions and
exclusions can now use IP address ranges and subnet masks. New command BYTESDP
command to list kilobytes etc. to a chosen number of decimal places. The default
number of decimal places has changed from three to two. Various bug fixes.
- June 25, 2002
- Analog 5.24: Updated to the latest Unix version. Compiled with the latest
compiler, Metrowerks CodeWarrior Pro 8. Recognizes Netscape 7 browser. Also
better diagnosis of Windows operating systems for Netscape and Mozilla browsers.
SEARCHCHARCONVERT can now be turned on for multibyte character sets, though
it's not recommended. French report descriptions files. New versions of Polish
and alternative Swedish language files. East Timor country code is now
".tl". Now includes Analog Helper X 1.5.1.
- May 14, 2002
- Analog 5.23: Updated to the latest Unix version. This is a minor update.
Fixes two bugs which caused occasional crashes while outputting. Russian
language files now included (KOI8-R and Windows-1251 character sets). Added
new domains to the French domains files. New How-To on configuring IIS.
- March 20, 2002
- Analog 5.22: Updated to the latest Unix version. Security fix for
cross-site scripting security
bug. Upgraded zlib code to version 1.1.4 (although analog wasn't vulnerable to
the security bug in zlib 1.1.3). The PROGRESSFREQ messages now go to the screen as
well as to the ERRFILE. The second argument to SUBDOMAIN can now contain *'s and
$'s. Added eight new domains to many of the domains files. Revised Japanese
- February 20, 2002
- Analog 5.21: Updated to the latest Unix version. Corrected the MacHTTP log
format, which didn't work in 5.2. All the BARSTYLEs redrawn, and two new BARSTYLEs
added, adapted from an idea by Dave Holle. (You will have to move the new graphics
into your IMAGEDIR in order to use them.)
- February 13, 2002
- Analog 5.2: Updated to the latest Unix version. You can now plot the lower
levels of hierarchical reports on the pie charts by using the new CHARTEXPAND
family of commands. Added MACHTTP to the list of built-in log formats that Analog
recognizes automatically. Recognizes ; as well as & as query-string separator.
The rules for generating "organizations" from numerical addresses have changed.
Ignores completely blank lines at the top of a logfile.
You can now refer to kilobytes as kibibytes by editing your language file.
Revised versions of Japanese language files.Revised the
Licence. Stephen Turner is
now accepting donations.
- February 5, 2002
- Analog 5.1d: One very minor bug fixed. Fixed support for using starnames to
specify multiple log files under Mac OS X 10.1. This change has no effect on
Mac OS 8/9.
- December 4, 2001
- Analog 5.1c: Two very minor bug fixes. Fixed support for file names that
start with two colons, "::", to correctly access the parent directory. Fixed another
Drag and drop issue that was preventing dragged log files from opening correctly.
- November 16, 2001
- Analog 5.1a: Fixes problems with Drag and drop support in 5.1.
- November 7, 2001
- Analog 5.1: Updated to the latest Unix version. This release contains numerous
small fixes and enhancements. The Browser Summary now recognizes the Konqueror and
Galeon browsers, and distinguishes Mozilla and Netscape. (If you are using a
configuration file from an older version of analog, you need to remove one line.)
The Operating System Report now recognizes Windows XP. Numerical addresses are now
included in the Organization Report. Logfile and cache file names can now contain
date codes, in the same way as the OUTFILE. The LATEX output style now works with
the ISO-Latin-2 character set as well as ISO-Latin-1. New command PDFLATEX.
New LOGFORMAT token %Z for two- or four-digit years. In the COMPSEP, you can now
use \t to represent a tab. New warnings category G; some warnings reclassified.
Various small bugs fixed. Also there is some rewriting internally, but it should
be transparent to the user. Finnish translation, and corrections to German and
Serbian. Brazilian Portuguese report descriptions file.
- October 9, 2001
- Analog 5.0.3a: Updated the distribution to include Analog Helper X 1.5,
which has includes full support for Analog 5. Analog has not changed. Analog
Helper is $39 shareware. For more information about Analog Helper see
- July 13, 2001
- Analog 5.0.3 Source package: The source code to Analog with all of the
nessecary project files, resource files, and library patches needed to build the
Macintosh version. Compiling the source code requires Code Warrior Pro 6.1.
- July 8, 2001
- Analog 5.0.3: Updated to the latest Unix version. Minor bug fixes. Spanish
translation, and corrections to SWEDISH-ALT translation.
- June 23, 2001
- Analog 5.0.2: Updated to the latest Unix version. Understands the new IIS log
format with four-digit years. Traditional Chinese and Brazilian Portuguese language
files. Japanese is now available in four character sets. Four language files which
were already distributed with the program are now available through the LANGUAGE
- May 19, 2001
- Analog 5.0.1: Updated to the latest Unix version. Includes some minor bug fixes
and new features; including updates to the Italian and German language files.
- May 2, 2001
- Analog 5.0A: This release fixes a bug in 5.0, which only occurred with the Mac version,
where GZipped log files would not always be read correctly.
- May 1, 2001
- Analog 5.0: This is the first official release of Analog 5.0, otherwise there are only
small changes since 4.91b1A. Analog 5.0 reports now contain pie charts! Analog is now a
Carbon application for native support on Mac OS 8.1 through Mac OS X. Analog automatically
recognizes and reads log files compressed with Zip, BZip2, and GZip. There are twelve new
reports: Yearly Report, Quarterly Report, Five-Minute Summary, Quarter-Hour Summary, Hour
of the Week Summary, Host Failure Report, Host Redirection Report, Virtual Host Failure
Report, Virtual Host Redirection Report, User Redirection Report, Internal Search Word
Report and Internal Search Query Report. Plus many other smaller changes and improvements.
- April 11, 2001
- Analog 4.91b1A: Fixed two important bugs in Analog 4.91b1. There was a crash when
reading a GZipped log file. Mac OS X was failing to detect that Analog was a Carbon
- April 10, 2001
- Analog 4.91b1: Analog is now a Carbon application, for full native support
under Mac OS X. Automatically recognizes and decompresses Zip format (PKZip, WinZip, etc.)
and BZip2 format, in addition to GZip which was already supported. Updated to the latest
Unix version. Output EXCLUDEs are now more fully excluded, producing significant changes
in results in some cases. Twenty one different languages are now supported. Other
minor changes. The 4.9x series has proven quite reliable. Although this is still a beta
version, it generally works well.
- March 27, 2001
- Analog 4.90b4: Updated to the latest Unix version. The 4.9x series has proven
quite reliable. Although this is still a beta version, it generally works
well. This release now supports Armenian, Bulgarian, Catalan, English, US English,
French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Polish, Portuguese, Slovene,
Swedish and Ukrainian. The CHARTDIR and LOCALCHARTDIR can now contain date codes, in
the same way as the OUTFILE. Stephen Turner's own configuration file included in
the examples directory.
- February 13, 2001
- Analog 4.16: Security fix for a buffer overflow bug. See
http://www.analog.cx/security2.html for more information. Note
that the Macintosh does not support the forms interface, so this is
not a serious problem on the Macintosh. Some configuration settings
might cause older versions of Analog to crash, but it is not a true
security risk without the forms interface. Small correction to
Brazilian Portuguese language file.
- February 5, 2001
- Analog 4.90b2: This is the first beta test for Analog version 5 on
the Macintosh. As this is an early beta release, keep in mind that there
may be bugs and crashes. If you need accurate and reliable reporting you
should wait for a final version to be released. If you want a preview of
the exciting new features coming in version 5 you should try this out.
New features since version 4.1x include:
* Twelve new reports: Yearly Report, Quarterly Report, Five-Minute
Summary, Quarter-Hour Summary, Hour of the Week Summary, Host Failure
Report, Host Redirection Report, Virtual Host Failure Report, Virtual
Host Redirection Report, User Redirection Report, Internal Search Word
Report and Internal Search Query Report.
* Pie charts are now included at the top of most reports. *CHART
commands to control them.
* New command GENSUMLINES to control which lines are listed in the
* The "Distinct hosts" line now appears in the General Summary even if
you aren't making a Host, Organization or Domain Report.
* New commands DESCRIPTIONS and DESCFILE to provide descriptions of
* New commands REPORTSPAN and REPORTSPANTHRESHOLD to list the time
period covered by each report.
* New commands ROBOTINCLUDE and ROBOTEXCLUDE for listing robots in the
Operating System Report.
* New command INTSEARCHENGINE to allow the internal search reports.
* New command DNSTIMEOUT (on some platforms) to reduce the time taken
for failed DNS lookups.
* New LINKINCLUDE and LINKEXCLUDE commands. (See how to upgrade).
* New columns E and e for time of first request; and S, s, Q, q, C and
c for data in last 7 days; also corresponding SORTBY and FLOOR commands.
* Substantial internal changes to allow these new columns without using
extra memory if they are not wanted, and to substantially reduce code
size (from what it would have been otherwise!).
* LaTeX output style.
* All files are now looked for in the "right" directories. This should
improve usability substantially, especially from the form interface.
(See how to upgrade).
* If you specify a CACHEFILE command but no LOGFILE command, analog won't
read the default logfile. (See how to upgrade).
* US English now uses the 12-hour clock by default. (See how to upgrade).
* Computer readable output now reports the busiest time period for the
* Several commands have changed to better names, but the old names should
- February 2, 2001
- Analog 4.15: Bug fixes for accented letters in dates and for EBCDIC
character set. If neither of these issues effect you, there is no need
to get this update.
- January 22, 2001
- Analog 4.14: Updated to the latest Unix version.Can now do a FLOOR
command beyond Terabytes. Bug fixes, especially for multibyte character
sets. Unprintable characters in the report are now replaced by '?'.
Traditional Chinese, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, US English and
corrected French domains files. Rewrote the documentation on Cache
files. Added some new data to How the Web Works. Updated the source
code release to the current version. The source code release has project
and resource files for use with CodeWarrior Pro 6.
- January 8, 2001
- Analog 4.13: Updated to the latest Unix version plus some more recent
domain file updates. I didn't update to this version sooner because the
changes were so minor. It finally seemed like time to get back in sync.
Recognizes Windows Me for Operating System Report. Can count beyond
Terabytes. PCRE code upgraded to version 3.4. Bulgarian
and Croatian language files. Catalan and Finnish domains files. Various
bug fixes. New Licence (mostly less restrictive than the previous one).
- October 11, 2000
- Chris Pepper has built a version of Analog for Mac OS X Beta. You
can get it from http://www.reppep.com/~pepper/analog/.
- May 31, 2000
- Analog 4.11: Updated to the latest Unix version. The default definition
of "pages" is now case insensitive, and also includes *.asp. Reads the
extended logs from IIS 5 correctly. Version number displayed before any
warning or debugging messages. The "number of days" at the top of the report
now obeys DECPOINT (and is also now to 2 decimal places). Hungarian and
Romanian language files, and corrected Spanish language files and English
domains files. The FAQ now has a list of contents.
- April 3, 2000
- Analog 4.1: Regular expressions in ALIASes and INCLUDEs are now available
in the Macintosh version. Regular expressions are now Perl-syntax regular
expressions. (Thanks to Philip Hazel's PCRE library.) "Repeated fields" in
logfile header lines are now allowed, this simplifies supporting many WebSTAR
format log files. New commands STATUSINCLUDE and STATUSEXCLUDE, and
304ISSUCCESS. New output style PLAIN (like ASCII but with accents). New
language files for this. In the computer-readable output, hierarchical reports
now have an extra column, indicating the depth of the item in the hierarchy.
All referrers now count as "pages." (See upgrade notes.) Configuration
commands can be continued across lines with a backslash. New token %s in
LOGFORMAT, allowing per-line selection of client-name and client-IP fields.
New log format WEBSTAR-EXTENDED to allow for a small bug in WebSTAR's
implementation of the extended log format. Korean language files. Also
alternative Swedish translation.
- March 22, 2000
- Analog 4.0.4a: Fixes a problem where Analog 4.0.4 could get an out of
memory error even when there was lots of memory available. This only
happened to a few people, it usually worked just fine.
- March 21, 2000
Analog 4.0.4: Updated to the latest Unix version. New column d in
non-time reports. Better detection of Windows 2000 in Operating System
Report. Icelandic language files. Corrections to Bosnian, French, Italian,
Japanese & Swedish. The RUNTIME command now turns off the "Program
started at" line as well as the "Running Time" line. Non-alphanumeric
characters are now allowed in the REPORTORDER as separators. Correctly
parses more APACHELOGFORMATs. Better warning messages when the erroneous
command contained a space. Better treatment of multibyte character sets.
Analog 4.0.4 source code is now available in Macintosh format. This release
includes everything you need to build Analog with CodeWarrior Pro 5.3,
including project files for PPC and 68K versions, the ZLib compression library
source with my changes for Analog, and No68KHere. ZLib and No68KHere are
third party libraries used by the Macintosh version of Analog. Each
component is subject to it's own licensing terms, see the corresponding
documentation for details.
- February 21, 2000
- Analog 4.0.3: Updated to the latest Unix version. This is a minor
update. Fixed several small bugs. New command RUNTIME. Brazilian
Portuguese language files and Swedish domains files. Corrections to
- February 1, 2000
- Analog 4.0.2: Updated to the latest Unix version. Now includes
an unregistered copy of Analog Helper 1.2 from Sig Software, which includes
support for Analog 4.x. The remaining changes are minor. New command
SEARCHCHARCONVERT. Support for Apache's new %q code in APACHELOGFORMAT.
New language: Czech. Corrections for Serbian, Slovene and Ukrainian.
- December 17, 1999
- Analog 4.0.1: Updated to the latest Unix version. Language files
included for Armenian, Bosnian, Catalan, traditional Chinese, Dutch,
Finnish, German, Italian, Slovak, Slovene, Spanish, Swedish & Ukrainian;
corrections to Russian & Turkish. New command USERCASE.
- November 16, 1999
- Analog 4.0: Updated to the latest Unix version. This is the
first official release of Analog 4.0, otherwise there are only
small changes since 3.90beta2. Chinese, Danish, Japanese, Portuguese,
and Serbo-Croatian language files are now included.
- November 2, 1999
- Analog 3.90beta2: Updated to the latest Unix version. The Organisation
Report is now hierarchical. The Browser Summary is now arranged by major
version number. Non-exact bytes are now given to 3 decimal places. Includes
language files for French, Greek, Norwegian (Bokmål & Nynorsk),
Polish, Russian and Turkish. New configuration file examples/big.cfg
containing most commands.
- October 8, 1999
- Analog 3.90beta1: Updated to the latest Unix version. This is the
first beta release of what will become Analog 4.0. Because this is an
early beta release you should expect some problems. Five new reports:
Organisation Report, Operating System Report, Search Word Report, Search
Query Report, Processing Time Report. Many many other smaller changes.
Note: English is the only fully supported language in this release.
- September 3, 1999
- Analog 3.3.2: This is a minor update. Updated to the latest Unix version.
New language Serbo-Croatian; new domains files for Italian and Russian;
corrected Polish language files. Additional documentation. Unsafe characters
in hyperlinks now escaped. One bug that caused crashes when printing deep
Directory Reports is fixed.
- August 4, 1999
- Analog 3.3.1 is now available in a source code release for the Macintosh.
Magic is now available. Report Magic takes Analog reports and transforms
them into neatly formatted HTML tables with graphs!
- June 21, 1999
- Analog 3.3.1: Updated to the latest Unix version.New command BARSTYLE.
Russian language file corrected. Some bug fixes, including one important one
correcting cache file output. Updated Analog Helper to 1.1.
- May 19, 1999
- Analog 3.3: Updated to the latest Unix version. Several minor fixes
and improvements. Support for WebSite logfiles. 'Last seven days' data now
calculated more accurately and displayed more clearly. Log format can be
specified using Apache log format definition strings. Corrected Catalan
language files. Support for 'Unix time' (seconds since 1970) in logs. Won't
overwrite old cache files.
- May 4, 1999
- Analog 3.2: Updated to the latest Unix version. Now supports 30 different
languages. Contains numerous small bug fixes and improvements. There are now
separate PPC and 68K versions.
- December 2, 1998
- Analog 3.11: Updated to the latest Unix version. Several bug fixes,
particularly involving Microsoft IIS logs. Removed support for 68K machines.
This release of Analog is PPC only! Now includes an unregistered trial version
of Analog Helper in the standard download. Analog is free, subject to the
licence, Analog Helper is shareware. See the documentation
for more information on licence and registration terms. I'm interested in
on both the inclusion of Analog Helper and the removal of 68K support.
- November 17, 1998
- Analog Helper 1.0
is now available from Sig Software.
This $25 shareware package provides a nearly complete Macintosh user
interface for Analog. Well worth a look.
- October 18, 1998
- Analog 3.1: Updated to the latest Unix version. Understands
Microsoft's attempt at W3 extended format. Several bugs fixed,
including one that caused the output to grow and grow. Allows aliases
with two or more *'s on left hand side, if right hand side contains
no *'s. Aliases work properly with CASE INSENSITIVE. Numerical
SUBDOMAINs fixed. Understands more WebSTAR and Netscape tokens.
Accents in domains file work. Several warning messages improved.
Report aliases and in/exclusions shown in settings output. Character
set declared at top of output. Spanish, Dutch, Norwegian (Bokmål and
Nynorsk), Finnish, Turkish, Greek, Polish, Russian & Chinese language
files included. Note: NetPresenz users should use Analog 2.1.1e.
- October 18, 1998
- Here are pointers to two Analog related mailing lists. One at
Inno-Tech concentrates on the Macintosh version, while the other at
Primefactor is for all Analog users. Note: Neither of these are available
- October 13, 1998
- Analog 3.0b: Fixed a complex bug involving multiple line formats
in a single log and the EXCLUDE command. Added many new language
files including Spanish, Dutch, Norwegian (Bokmål), Norwegian
(Nynorsk), Finnish, Turkish, Greek, Chinese and Polish. Note:
Serious problems have been discovered with Analog 3.x and
NetPresenz log files that can result in significant undercounts.
NetPresenz users should use Analog 2.1.1e.
- July 22, 1998
- Analog 3.0a Src: Macintosh source code package for
Analog 3.0a. This includes project and resource files for Metrowerks
Codewarrior Pro 2 and a slightly modified versions of the ZLib library.
You must also have the regular Analog 3.0a release to get all of the
- June 29, 1998
- Analog 3.0a: Fixed a random crash that was very rare on most machines,
but common on a few. Speed up error and warning message display.
- June 15, 1998
- Analog 3.0: First official release of Analog 3! Portuguese,
Brazilian Portuguese, Danish and Hungarian language files added.
- June 8, 1998
- Analog 2.91beta1: Updated to the 2.91b1 Unix version. US English,
UK English, French, German, Swedish, Czech, Slovak, Slovene and Romanian
language files included. AppleScript support for the "do script" method,
takes Unix style command lines. Uses somewhat less memory.
- May 15, 1997
- If you are letting Analog do the DNS lookups, instead of your server, and
have OpenTransport, you should look at DNSTran
(formerly DNSLookup) which does the DNS lookups up to 100 times as quickly as
Analog. Version 1.1 of DNSTran is now available with many new features including
support for the dnscache file format of newer versions of Analog, a
configuration file controlling many options, and improved AppleScript support.
- April 10, 1998
- Analog 2.90b4 fixes a problem introduced in 2.90b3 that caused
dns cache file to not work at all.
- April 8, 1998
- Analog 2.90b3 updated to the Unix beta 3 version. Slight speed
improvement. Reduced memory usage. Italian language file now
included. Several out of memory errors fixed.
- March 30, 1998
- Analog 2.90b1c fixes a problem where older WebSTAR logs would
come up as all "Unwanted Entries" if the RESULT token was included
in the log file.
- March 29, 1998
- Analog 2.90b1b fixes a problem where large GZiped logs would stop
reading in the middle of the file without any warning or error message.
- March 27, 1998
- Analog 2.90b1a fixes a problem with opening log files specified with
starname patterns in the config file.
- March 27, 1998
There are two new versions of Analog available today. First up we have
Analog 2.1.1.e. New in 2.1.1e: Speed up from 5% to 50% on PPC. Now minimally
AppleScript compatible. Added language files for Brazilian Portuguese,
(European) Portugese, Czech, Hungarian, and Polish. This is the latest
update to the stable well tested 2.1.1 version of Analog.
Second is Analog 2.90beta1. This is the first public release of Analog
2.9. There are many many changes from Analog 2.1, many new reports, nested
reports, faster processing, user configurable log file formats, and much more.
Please see the documentation for more information. This is a preliminary beta
release, language support is limited to english and US english and while we have made
every effort to test the program, there are sure to be problems that have not
yet been corrected.
- February 3, 1998
- Three Rivers has some
Frontier scripts that automate
DNSLookup and Analog processing of multiple virtual hosts from a single log file.
Get them here.
- October 25, 1997
- Analog 2.1.1d is finally available in source. I admit it, I have been
lazy recently. Well, here it is.
- August 20, 1997
- Analog 2.1.1d Fixed a bug where Analog would hang after saying it was
done on larger log files. Fixed a bug where quote characters would appear
in browser name entries from WebSTAR 2.1's new log tokens.
- August 18, 1997
- Analog 2.1.1c Added drag and drop support for both log files and configuration files.
Added support for new WebSTAR 2.1 log file tokens. Added support for Microsoft Personal
Web Server logs. Added support for Apple Share IP 5.0 log files. Included preliminary
language files for Russian. Now automatically uses temporary memory so you don't have to
worry about setting the application memory partition by hand.
- May 31, 1997
- Analog 2.1.1b Improved performance overall, very large improvements for some
users, notably slow PPC machines without SpeedDoubler. Restored the WebSTAR 2.0
log file parsing, present only in some 1.92b versions (WebSTAR 1.3 format has always
worked, and most WebSTAR 2.0 users use it). Included preliminary language files for
Catalan and Slovene (Slovene is ISO Latin 2 encoded). Fixed a problem parsing
WebSTAR logs where the URL was the last field in each log entry.
- March 31, 1997
- Analog 2.1.1a Added preliminary support for Dutch/Flemish. Added support
for NetPresenz 4.1 and fixed problems with NetPresenz log parsing.
- March 16, 1997
- Analog 2.1.1 Updated to the latest Unix version. Language support
rewritten to use separate language files, with configuration command LANGFILE.
Page requests per day reported. Bug fixed, CASE INSENSITIVE could cause %7E-type
conversions not to take place.
- March 14, 1997
- Analog 2.0.2a Fixes a serious bug in WebSTAR log processing introduced in 2.0a.
Now correctly reads the last field of each log entry and avoids error messages and
- March 11, 1997
- Analog 2.0.2 Updated to the latest Unix version. Fixed a bug in 2.0a that
prevented NetPresenz logs from working at all. Minor corrections in French and
Spanish translations. New configuration command PRINTVARS.
- March 7, 1997
- Analog 2.0a Now reads log files with Mac, Unix or DOS style newlines.
Automatically recognizes and reads log files compressed with GZip (.gz files).
Fixed a rare crash with NetPresenz log files. Fixed a problem with the TIME_TAKEN
field over-riding the time of day in WebSTAR logs. Sped up processing slightly on
some Macs. Improved out of memory reporting.
- February 10, 1997
- Analog 2.0 At long last the "official" release of version 2! All known bugs
have been fixed. Source code release now requires CodeWarrior version 10 or newer.
- February 4, 1997
- If you are letting Analog do the DNS lookups, instead of your server, and
have OpenTransport, you should look at DNSLookup
which does the DNS lookups up to 100 times as quickly as Analog.
- January 29, 1997
- Analog 1.93b2 Fixed a bug with absolute path names in logfile starnames.
- January 28, 1997
- Analog 1.93b1 Added support for wildcards in log file names, so you can now
process an entire folder full of log files at one time.
- January 25, 1997
- Analog 1.93b Updated to the latest Unix version, providing support for
browser aliases and other minor improvements.
- December 17, 1996
- Analog 1.92b1 Added support for new options in WebSTAR 2.0 log files.
WebSTAR should be used in WebSTAR Format or Common Log Format. Extended
Log Format is not supported. Fixed a bug with trailing periods on domain
- October 8, 1996
- Analog 1.92b Updated to the latest Unix version, providing support for
English, US-English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, and Danish. Source
- October 6, 1996
- Analog 1.91b4c Now reads NetPresenz log files, thanks to Nigel Perry
(N.Perry@massey.ac.nz)! Support is preliminary but appears to work.
- October 5, 1996
- Analog 1.91b4b source release includes the DNS lookup code and other
minor bug fixes.
- September 29, 1996
- Analog 1.91b4b adds support for DNS lookups. Includes native support for
MacTCP and OpenTransport. Also note that Analog is (and has been) compatible
with WebCenter (version 1.0a7 or newer) logs in both WebSTAR compatible and
common log file format modes.
- July 22, 1996
- Analog 1.91b4a solves a problem that caused a fatal error if
OpenTransport was not present.
- July 15, 1996
- Analog 1.91b4, Cache file now includes page request information. Other
minor bug fixes. Brought source code release up to current version.
- July 9, 1996
- Analog 1.91b3a, Fixes a problem with page hits in browser reports. Analog
1.91b3, Fixed the HOSTALIAS command, broken in the previous release.
- July 8, 1996
- Analog 1.91b2, Fixed problems with the HOSTEXCLUDE and CASE INSENSITIVE
options. Now includes experimental DNS lookup code, set NUMLOOKUP ON in
analog.cfg. This code is experimental, use with caution. DNS lookups can take
hours for a large log file, and may freeze the machine for several minutes at
a time. Standard release no longer includes source code.
- July 2, 1996
- Analog 1.91b, Updated to the latest Unix version. Many small changes
including: new File Type Report, number of requests for pages (as opposed to
raw requests) now calculated throughout, FILEALIAS a a and FILEALIAS a b;
FILEALIAS b c now work, now quits automatically if no warnings have been
issued, "Mozilla (compatible)" separated out in Browser Summary, major
internal changes should improve speed, and many others.